Machines are better than humans at doing certain things.
Automation can often be directly translated into time and resource savings in IT environments. As a result, automation in infrastructure is becoming more and more critical. The requirements for effective cost control are increasing, and users are demanding that applications can be ordered automatically and put into use immediately.
Our experts help our customers integrate server and storage automation with network device automation through Cisco UCS Director, Cisco ACI APIC, and Cisco DNA Center Controller, making it possible to offer end users a self-service catalog from the organization’s data center to their own personal workstation. It is also possible to extend the automation strategy to cloud technologies, thus connecting private cloud with public cloud.
When it comes to network automation, the Cisco DNA Center, a Software Defined Network Controller, brings together the entire enterprise network, providing a much better overview and management of individual network devices. If you have a Cisco network, it is possible, without further investment in infrastructure, to add the benefits of Software-Defined Networking to your existing network. Configuration and provisioning can be automated and made much more straightforward, and via open APIs, you can tailor network services to your own needs.
Here are examples of tasks that are suitable for automation:
- When simple scripts that perform specific procedures solve tasks sequentially. Routine procedures such as changes to configurations are well suited for automation.
- More advanced orchestration with control over several parallel activities.
- Automation can link ready-made tools and administration tools so they provide maximum benefit when combined.
- Construction of new network environments when human intervention is not appropriate. For example, automation helps us install a completely new network with many devices in a short time.
- Situations in which equipment must be replaced without access to IT staff.
- Coordinated migration projects in which several parts are handled and need to be synchronized.
- Monitoring, alarms and measures for IT security. It is beyond the human ability to keep track of all traffic in a network. An automated solution manages it.
There are more examples, but a company that benefits from those mentioned above has come a long way towards efficient IT. In addition, the use of automation is a common feature of many prominent products from the suppliers we work with, for example, from Cisco.
Conscia has deep expertise in automation with several different tools and platforms. This applies both to using ready-made solutions for automation and creating your own. We can be proud of our experts with developer expertise.
Unique software solutions from conscia
Conscia sees the new development with a controller-based infrastructure as a great opportunity to help companies and organizations develop special software solutions that benefit the infrastructure, and we have developed several software products such as Conscia Guest Portal, Conscia IoT Device Portal, Conscia Port Utilization for Cisco DNA-C and Conscia ACL Manager for Cisco DNA-C.
Conscia Guest Portal
Grant guests controlled access to the network based on the guest’s own NemID, SMS or social media accounts.
Conscia IoT Device Portal
The ability to identify, authenticate and authorize devices in the network is important. The Conscia IoT Device Portal will help ease the configuration and onboarding of new devices in the network.
The Conscia software development team
The industry moves in a software direction, opens many APIs, separates software and hardware, makes controllers available in the cloud, and moves from manual configuration to scripting/automation of equipment.
The Conscia software development team ensures that Conscia and our customers lead the Digital transformation to derive the most value. We enable our Network of Knowledge of more than 300 engineers who work with IT infrastructure and build the best tools for our customers and ourselves. Our ambition is to lead the future Software Defined Network.
Because at Conscia we give our experts the best tools to develop software that helps our customers manage and secure their IT-infrastructure.