Identity management, and the resulting access control management, is one of foundational cybersecuritiy risk controls. If implemented poorly, it impacts all other controls, and its failure most often results in major, often organization-wide incidents.
To address this, identity and access management (IAM) solutions provide the framework of policies and technologies for ensuring that the proper people in the organization have the appropriate access to technology resources.
Gartner defines IAM as the discipline that enables the right individuals to access the right resources at the right times for the right reasons, and continues to claim that enterprises that develop mature IAM capabilities can reduce their identity management costs and, more importantly, become significantly more agile in supporting new business initiatives.
Identity and access management solutions provide the needed assurance through a complex combination of technology, process, and lifecycle management. Identity management does not simply address the strength user credentials, such as passwords, but a wide range of related issues, such as:
- Identity governance and compliance, to ensure that the resulting architectures are influenced and managed by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Identity domains, and their interconnection.
- Internal and external identity federation architectures.
- Identity lifecycle management processes and user self-service aspects.
- Privileged access management aspects, to ensure that identity is managed appropriately for privileged, high-risk users, such as IT administrators.
- Public and hybrid cloud identity architectures.
- Using Identity-as-a-Service of public cloud/identity providers.
- Identity stores, and replication.
- Authentication protocols, authentication factors, and credential stores.
- Single Sign On (SSO) architectures and user experience.
Conscia IAM solutions both the process and technology aspects of identity management. We help you design and build identity management architectures and processes that will achieve the desired identity assurance, and therefore create a foundation for your entire enterprise security stack.
When designing and building identity management architectures, Conscia provides a customizable service bundle based on the following service components:
- A deep analysis of your current risk, technology, and human environment in order to build a comprehensive customer requirements documentation, followed by a architecture blueprints covering identity management aspects required by your requirements.
- Comparison and selection of vendors and technology.
- Optionally, low-level design and integration documentation reflecting the high-level architecture.
- Implementation, integration, software development and testing of low-level design features.
Conscia works with many IAM technology vendors, such as Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, RSA Security, RedHat, and industry standard identity/authentication providers to support your requirements.
Safer financial systems with Cisco
Cinnober is one of the world’s leading developers and providers of mission critical trading and clearing systems for stock exchanges, banks and clearing houses. Cinnober’s network is based on Cisco switches and a software defined architecture.
to SIEM or not to SIEM
One of the best tools in our detection catalogue is the SIEM. I believe that the SIEM industry has matured quite a lot during the last decade and so have the partners working with SIEM.
First line of defense with DNS Security
Wouldn’t it be great if you could protect the equipment in your network before connecting to the Internet! You have already taken the necessary measures. Still, it feels like something is still missing when it comes to the protection of your equipment …
For organisations aiming to stay ahead, choosing the right Data Center and Multicloud solutions is crucial.
Cyber Security is not only about avoiding risk. If done right, a security setup also helps the business stay ahead.
The network touches basically everything in any company. This makes it an ideal platform for improving security as well as business efficiency.
In the age of mobile and cloud, information should be available to employees on any device and in any place.