Web-based threats continue to compromise user systems
The internet can be a dangerous place. Threats disguise themselves as innocent-looking activities, making it difficult for users to adapt their behavior, and we can no longer distinguish between good and bad websites and build our defenses based on blacklists approaches.
This is because websites that users consider trustworthy are often compromised by attackers, who then compromise a visiting user’s system without their knowledge. The global PKI and certificate-based authentication are far from perfect and the ever-increasing encryption of web traffic makes traditional network defenses blind to most threats.
Web-based compromises typically result in an attacker gaining full control over a user’s environment. This can mean identity theft and possible lateral infection of other critical systems. These risks must be effectively mitigated to protect our most sensitive information.
Protect your business with multi-layered web-security
Conscia approaches the problem of web security using a multi-layered solution of specialized network-based web security functions, endpoint security, and user awareness controls.
With network-based web security, we provide the following security solutions to protect real-time users’ interaction with internet resources:
- Protocol control, verification, and normalization using NGFW and secure web proxy technology.
- Access restrictons based on web site reputation and current state, based on threat intelligence, DNS filtering, reputation, and URL filtering databases.
- Client exploitation prevention based on NGIPS and virtual patching technologies.
- Malware protection through content control, using anti-malware scanning, heuristic, and cloud/on-premises sandbox execution technologies.
- Trusted decryption of web traffic for the purposes of content inspection, either using NGFW tehnologies, or dedicated decryption systems.
- Network data leakage prevention using content scanning.
Web security controls should be applied to both relatively static environments behind enterprise firewalls and mobile users, who often lack persistent protection of traditional network defenses at home. For that reason, Conscia offers a full suite of controls that protects users regardless of their location, device, and application.
For organisations aiming to stay ahead, choosing the right Data Center and Multicloud solutions is crucial.
Cybersecurity is not only about avoiding risk. If done right, a security setup also helps the business stay ahead.
The network touches basically everything in any company. This makes it an ideal platform for improving security as well as business efficiency.
In the age of mobile and cloud, information should be available to employees on any device and in any place.
The Conscia IoT Device Portal will help ease the configuration and onboarding of new devices in the network.